NYS Grown & Certified for Maple Syrup
The New York Grown and Certified Program was designed to strengthen consumer confidence in New York products. By participating in this program, you are certifying that your products are grown or produced in New York State and that you follow safe food handling and environmentally responsible practices.
To become certified:
- Your products must be grown and produced in New York State
- You must participate in a food safety training. You may also read the Best Practices Manual and then take an open book test in lieu of the training class. Click here for the test.
- You must participate in an environmental management program. Agricultural Environmental Management (AEM) is a program that helps farmers protect important natural resources. Contact your County Soil and Water Conservation District to learn more about AEM. You can also visit the NYS Soil and Water website for more information or to find your local office.
You may find the following links helpful as you work toward becoming New York Grown and Certified. Please note, these documents are subject to revision.
- Maple food safety guidelines
- New York Grown & Certified Website
- NYS Grown & Certified Licensing Agreement
- NYS Grown & Certified Style Guide
- New York State Grown & Certified Maple Application