The New York State Maple Producers' Association is continuously grateful for all of the research, information and knowledge provided by the Cornell Maple Program. Helpful resources such as Stephen Childs' research studies and educational tools are a direct result of...
The applicant must:
- Be a New York State resident,
- Be majoring in one of the curricula identified above,
- Possess a 3.0/4.0 grade point average
- Complete the NYSMPA Sage Award application,
- Provide a copy of your academic transcript (advisor’s copy will suffice)
- Present a written statement of career goals and include how this award will assist those goals,
- Present a scholarly work (essay) equivalent to a 500 word paper representing an aspect of candidate’s original work,
- Provide a resume,
- Provide a letter of recommendation from student’s academic advisor
- Provide contact information for one additional unrelated reference
Application Forms and Deadlines
Award forms are available from the New York State Maple Producers Association office at 301 Myron Rd., Syracuse, NY 13219 or by going to the NYSMPA website at: nysmaple.com/SAGEAWARD. The Sage Award decision will be based on: a points system following evaluation by a committee charged with ranking all submissions. Emphasis for ranking will include: Scholastic preparedness, applicant’s involvement in agroforestry (maple in particular), extracurricular activities, application responses and quality of the written essay. The Sage Award Committee will review and evaluate all applications, make a final decision and recommend an award candidate and level of award to the Board of Directors of the NYSMPA.